Indianapolis - Central Indiana companies

Ask replacement window questions & get answers!
DriverSS

Indianapolis - Central Indiana companies

#1 Post by DriverSS »

Hello all,

Thank you for all of the information on these boards. I have been researching and have learned a lot.
I'm currently in the market for 20 double hung windows. I seem to be having a hard time finding companies that carry good manufacturers.
I'm hoping to see if there are recommend companies in the Indianapolis/central Indiana area. I've reached out to a few manufacturers and have a few companies coming out. From what I can tell SoftLite only has Amos and Okna only has Mr. Window. I have found multiple ProVia dealers
I really just want to make sure I'm not missing anyone. I also want to avoid the 3 hour presentation sales pitch.

WindowsDirectCinci

Re: Indianapolis - Central Indiana companies

#2 Post by WindowsDirectCinci »

As far as I know Mr window offered both Okna and Sunrise ( they did a few years ago anyway) so they me be a good start to compare and they are also a smaller locally owned operation. You can usually get better service from locally owned operations vs the national companies.

toddinmn

#3 Post by toddinmn »

Most “national” owned companies are individually owned franchised companies . Look for ones that have stood by their manufacturer vs ones that keep seeking bottom dollar. The 3 hour presentation is hard to to predict as many use it as a sales tactic. Typically I can measure out house in 15 minutes , I can fill out the remaining minutes explaining the install procedures and details to the the customer. How long this takes depends upon them. If they are good it’s not long . I just got done doing job that took multiple quotes, re-explaining on going for a year. . A 3 hour long ordeal is something I try to avoid and I will typically wrap i it all up in an hour with measurements .

DriverSS

#4 Post by DriverSS »

WindowsDirectCinci wrote: Fri Oct 20, 2023 2:39 pm As far as I know Mr window offered both Okna and Sunrise ( they did a few years ago anyway) so they me be a good start to compare and they are also a smaller locally owned operation. You can usually get better service from locally owned operations vs the national companies.
Thanks, I've spoken with Mr. Window already and it's looking like they are going to be my only option if I want Okna. They seem to be highly rated, but most of those reviews were from years ago. There have been some more recent negative reviews on another forum. Most of it was about the instal and the quality of work. I also didn't get a good feeling when I spoke with them. They no longer install the windows themselves and use subcontractors. He gave a very long explanation about why saying it had to do with the government and health insurance. The other concern is that they only warranty their labor for 1 year and if I give a good review then they will add another year.

Ricknez

#5 Post by Ricknez »

I would never dismiss a company just because they use " subs" as most do. With that being said, some of the best installers will only work as subs due to the flexibility that designation affords them. I work with a decent sized company and all of our crews are subs but basically only work with us so in a way, they are our workers I suppose. The comment about health insurance and government regulation is definitely a valid one and should not be taken lightly. The government, especially the current administration, is good at one thing and that is their ability to hurt small business. To put it bluntly, both Biden and Harris are complete imbeciles, especially Harris but I digress.
Last edited by Ricknez on Sat Oct 21, 2023 2:39 pm, edited 3 times in total.

DriverSS

#6 Post by DriverSS »

I'm not letting that be the determining factor. It's more that they don't offer a long warranty on the labor, and with the other reviews I saw it had me concerned.

uncle eddie

#7 Post by uncle eddie »

Softliet or Okna are your choices here, dont lump provia in with those guys. Other than that it sounds like you are on the right track.