Full Replacement Windows, La Crosse WI

Ask replacement window questions & get answers!
awax

Full Replacement Windows, La Crosse WI

#1 Post by awax »

Hey all, I am getting full replacement windows/install with brickmold wrapping to the following windows. I live in La Crosse, WI. So, cold winters and it can get hot in the summers.
11 Double Hung as follows:
1, 28" by 38" (needs to be tempered glass)
1, 24" by 38"
4, 36" by 38"
3, 36" by 46"
2, 24" by 46"

1 96" by 67" large window that will be 3 light as follows:
2, 24 by 67"" casement
1, 48 by 67"" picture

Quotes so far:
Company #1
Provia Endure: u: 0.27, air infiltration: 0.05. Lifetime warranty- $18,505

KHPP Genesis: u: 0.28, air infiltration: 0.07. Lifetime warranty- same price as Provia Endure due to issues with company getting a quote? (not sure what that is about) -$18,505

OKNA 600: u: 0.27, air infiltration 0.02, lifetime warranty -$20.001

Company #2
Provia Endure triple pane: u: 0.19 - $24,463, life time warranty

Company #3 : waiting on quotes for Marvin Essential and Hayfield ( unsure of specs on those windows)

Just looking for guidance on what you think is the best option. I am guessing the Marvin will come in more expensive than the rest given its fiberglass. Is it worth it to splurge on the triple pane? Is the fiberglass worth the extra cost given where I live? I do like the OKNA, but is it worth the extra cost over the KHPP and the Provia? The reason I am going with full replacement is the first two companies that came out said the price difference between inserts and full replacement was minimal due to window layout. I have multiple locations of one opening with multiple windows in the one opening. Thanks in advance!

Just wanted to add, I know Homesealed has a company in SE Wisconsin. I am guessing you do not service the La Crosse area, but if you have any recommendations for good companies in my area I would be happy to hear them along with any specific recommendations for window brands not listed in my quotes.

Windows on Washington

Re: Full Replacement Windows, La Crosse WI

#2 Post by Windows on Washington »

Have company one re-quote the 600 with triple pane. It is the leader in the clubhouse right now, but a good margin.

Definitely worth the extra 10% over the other brands.

HomeSealed

#3 Post by HomeSealed »

Have you contacted Clear Choice in Holmen? Steve Johnson runs a good operation over there, I'd definitely recommend them.

Secondly, I'd agree with WoW that the Okna 600 is the easy winner of those choices and I'd upgrade to triple pane. It's needed for the new Energy Star tax credit in our neck of the woods.

awax

#4 Post by awax »

Thanks for the responses. Yes, I contacted Clear Choice and they are the ones that carry the Okna 600 in my area. I was leaning towards them and will ask for a quote for the triple pane windows. Thanks for you help!

Ricknez

#5 Post by Ricknez »

The total window count is 14 which includes the large triple window ( 3 windows) ?
The quotes are for full tear outs or replacement?

ChuckM

#6 Post by ChuckM »

We had an offer of just over $3000 per window for full tear outs including one bay window. Likely we'll seek more estimates.

HomeSealed

#7 Post by HomeSealed »

ChuckM wrote: Sat Nov 25, 2023 6:46 am We had an offer of just over $3000 per window for full tear outs including one bay window. Likely we'll seek more estimates.
Adding a bay in there is going to skew the "per window" number considerably.

You are on the right track though in getting another quote or two, that will be the best way to compare, just make sure that your quotes are "apples to apples" in work scope, product quality, company reputation, and compare total price to total price... Things can get really muddy when you start trying to compare broken down items.