Best Quality for Fair Price

Ask replacement window questions & get answers!
Sunshine0703

Best Quality for Fair Price

#1 Post by Sunshine0703 »

Hi all! I've just gotten a quote from Power Remdeling out of Charlotte NC. Salesman was great but 4 hours later and late at night I was ready to wrap it up. Good presentation but expensive. Not sure if the Power by Pella Symphony windows are worth it. $8,400.00 for 8 windows. It's a small home. Nothing fancy and these would be replacement for new home construction type windows. I didn't like the pricing structure and was forced to sign right there or not which was a pressure tactic I didn't like.
I see lots of posts about Onka or others that sound better. Just looking for a good quality vinyal that will last and a great installer that could make all the difference. Being a senior this is a big purchase for us and I want to do my research. Can anyone suggest better and or know anyone in the NC Charlotte/Hickory area that could do a great job with a fair price for a quality product? Thanks in advance.

Windows on Washington

Re: Best Quality for Fair Price

#2 Post by Windows on Washington »

4 hours....how did you make it.

Traditionally thought of quality brands in the vinyl space are going to be Soft-Lite, Sunrise, Okna, Vytex, Polaris.

Your price per unit is certainly in the normal realm given the massive inflation in construction materials over the last 4 years.

Delaware Mike

#3 Post by Delaware Mike »

Not a fan of that tweaked Pella 250. So far Power has utilized Accu-Weld, Republic, North East, and now Pella for their vinyl all by low paid subs. They talk a big game for a big price on lower grade windows.

WHITE GAS

#4 Post by WHITE GAS »

Do Not understand the “forced to sign or not” sales tactic. That is normally a red flag for me no matter what the item or items are I’m having quoted

HomeSealed

#5 Post by HomeSealed »

Great advice from WoW, I'd check into the products that he mentioned.

As he alluded to, the price you received is not bad at all for 2024, however the product and company don't seem to fit what you are looking for. Definitely wise to check some other options.