Pricing Question On Okna 600

Ask replacement window questions & get answers!
snakeeyes

Pricing Question On Okna 600

#1 Post by snakeeyes »

Got a quote from local dealer/installer on (4) Okna 600 with triple pane 36"x60" windows for $6,000 and (1) Okna 600 dual pane octagon standard 22" size for $1,300.

Do these seem like reasonable prices? I feel like the octagon is not worth it at that price.

No real soft-lite dealers around except window nation and the reviews of the local one is not instilling any confidence that I should talk to them. Looking to get windows with low air infiltration and a low u factor to take advantage of the energy tax credit.

Would I be better off getting some quotes on Provia Endure or Polaris Ultraweld?

Windows on Washington

Re: Pricing Question On Okna 600

#2 Post by Windows on Washington »

Wouldn't put the Endure in the class of windows with the Okna or the Polaris model you listed.

That pricing isn't out of the realm of normalcy and while the Octagon is clearly more per sq/ft than the DH, the shape and specialty windows are always at a premium.

HomeSealed

#3 Post by HomeSealed »

+1. Pricing is in the reasonable range and thats a great window.

As far as the octagon, as WoW mentioned, shapes are generally going to be pretty pricey. The size of the window doesn't have as big an impact in general as you may expect either, all of the manufacturing processes are the same regardless of size. This drives the price more than a small difference in the amount of raw material. Same for the installation side.

The Polaris is another nice window as well. The Provia doesn't belong in the same conversation as the other two IMO.

snakeeyes

#4 Post by snakeeyes »

Got some pricing on the same windows in Polaris Thermaweld at $6k and Ultraweld with same options at $6.5k. Was surprised how little difference in price between Thermaweld and Ultraweld.

Any input on exterior laminated colors vs painted? Color that would match rest of house windows/trim comes in either paint or laminated. Did not see any info on warranty difference, but texture seemed a little rough on laminate.

Also it is hard to tell from a small sample windows, but who has the larger amount of glass between Polaris and Okna?

Windows on Washington

#5 Post by Windows on Washington »

Polaris ThermaWeld will about as much glass as the Okna 500/600.

The UltraWeld, while a more robust product than the ThermaWeld, does have a larger frame.

Either or on paint of foil laminate. The foils are a bit less sensitive to handling than the paints.

toddinmn

#6 Post by toddinmn »

The Ultraweld is now pretty much a Thermalweld Plus with integrated lock and tilt mechanism in Double hung windows. Not a bad thing, I stopped I selling the Ultra weld. When the the Thermalweld plus first came out. If we are talking casements both lines. Have been replace with a new unit that is very nice and has vertical sash reinforcements built in . The sheen and texture of laminate vs paint Would be the deciding factor for me, both are good.

Windows on Washington

#7 Post by Windows on Washington »

Been I while since I've used the Polaris line up. Thanks for the corrected information Todd.