Deformed interior gasket - Vytex

Ask replacement window questions & get answers!
dclocal1031

Deformed interior gasket - Vytex

#1 Post by dclocal1031 »

Hello! Just moved into a new home with problematic windows. A large number of our windows have deformed interior gaskets -- super unsightly, although it doesn't impede the functionality of the window. The windows are Vytex and I've reached out to the company to see if these are possibly still under warranty/what repair options could be/etc.

Anyone have thoughts on whether this is repairable, or is my best bet replacement? I've gotten a quote for new vinyl windows at $850/window. Would love to avoid the cost of replacing 10ish windows, but I'm not super optimistic.
Vytex windows.png

Ricknez

Re: Deformed interior gasket - Vytex

#2 Post by Ricknez »

Thats an older Vytex window and it was their " low end " series . Their 2 upper end product lines are MUCH better designed.

Delaware Mike

#3 Post by Delaware Mike »

That's spacer migration from bad glazing of the IGU production. I see that a lot on lower end windows that get slaughtered with direct sunlight especially if there is no low-e coatings on the glass. It's replaceable with new IGU units to the sashes.

dclocal1031

#4 Post by dclocal1031 »

Thanks for the info! Do you think replacing the IGUs is worth it/cost effective? The windows are largely fine otherwise although they stick a little and are clearly a bit old.

Windows on Washington

#5 Post by Windows on Washington »

You can certainly swap the IGUs and the windows should be fine. Might even ask Vytex for just a flat fee to do it and save yourself the hassle. If they have that option.

HomeSealed

#6 Post by HomeSealed »

Not sure how old they are and what the warranty is/was, but the glass is likely covered and the labor to install it not... I believe that was alluded to, just mentioning for clarification.

If that's the case, most likely yes, it would be worth it/cost effective unless the windows are experiencing other issues as well.

In the event that you ARE on the hook for the cost of both the glass and labor, the value becomes a bit more dubious, again depending on th age and condition of the windows overall.