YES, I pulled the trigger

DIY - If Your Bound & Determined
WHITE GAS

YES, I pulled the trigger

#1 Post by WHITE GAS »

Finally pulled the trigger on ordering 11 SoftLite Elements Triple Pane Windows last week. Currently there’s a 6 week lead time, so tentative delivery is April 15th. Ten Double Hungs and a 1/4 1/2 1/4 slider. Will be self installing these as my time is “free” and we want them installed correctly. All will install into a brick veneer ranch home. Will be posting pics as I go. Have changed the way I’ll be installing these from my initial posts on this forum. More often than not, the deeper you get into the details of a project, the more those details guide your path. In the building trades we always referred to that as “being married to (a particular thing). In other words, things you cannot change. EVERY project has things you can’t change and things you can. The key to having a project turn out with a fantastic result is being able to adapt the things you can change to work harmoniously with the things you can’t.

Windows on Washington

Re: YES, I pulled the trigger

#2 Post by Windows on Washington »

Ad some before and after picture, but it sounds like you are well on your way and well equip to make a good project out of this.