NJ Windows - and can’t break the bank

Ask replacement window questions & get answers!
tennis0720@gmail.com

NJ Windows - and can’t break the bank

#1 Post by tennis0720@gmail.com »

We recently moved into a home that we plan to be in for 20+ more years. We have had a lot of unexpected renovation costs. We now found out we need a new roof and siding. The majority of windows in our house are about 20 year old vinyl Weathershield windows. Luckily they seem to be holding up nicely and not letting air in.

As we replace our siding we have 6 windows and one patio door that has much older windows that were original to the house. I am looking for new construction windows and a sliding patio door. While I would love to get the best window out there I’m afraid my budget just can’t swing it. For product only I have found these prices and would love any thoughts on the brands, prices and maybe things I should consider. For example is there a bit difference in quality between MI and Pella. Should I be looking at Proveya? And if you had to guess for product only what would okna windows cost for product only.

Pella 250s: about $5,000
Anderson 400s: about $8,000
MI 1600: $3,200 (not including the patio door)

Approximate sizing
36x53 three units
32x38 two units
45x46 one unit
60x80 sliding door

Thank you!!

Delaware Mike

Re: NJ Windows - and can’t break the bank

#2 Post by Delaware Mike »

Not a fan of Pella or MI vinyl. I much prefer the Andersen A series over the 400. My sister has a 20-year old typical production new construction home down in Pennsville with the Weathershield windows too. I know that they're planning on having me put OKNA's in when the nest is empty in a few years.

Wyoung

#3 Post by Wyoung »

I agree with DEMike.
Look at okna6600dx

Ricknez

#4 Post by Ricknez »

MI Windows are garbage and pella is just as bad. I also agree with looking at the Okna 600 series, very well built. Okna also make a very nice sliding patio door. Also like Soft Lite's patio door and their "Elements" window.

TheWindowNerd

#5 Post by TheWindowNerd »

Are you going to install them yourself?

If you want a great product and a great install I suggest you contact DEMike he handles SNJ.

HomeSealed

#6 Post by HomeSealed »

Great advice above, if Delaware Mike serves your area you need to talk to him. Best in the business.