Jeld Wen vs. Cascade

Ask replacement window questions & get answers!
msanchez37

Jeld Wen vs. Cascade

#1 Post by msanchez37 »

Which is a better window overall: Jeldwen or Cascade?

Thanks!

squeege73

#2 Post by squeege73 »

Both window brands have numerous lines. Which lines are you trying to compare?

Overall, I would lean towards Cascade. They have made great strides in the Pacific Northwest towards improving quality, on time performance, and warranty response completion. With Jeld Wen, I have had nothing but customer complaints about the above items, especially since they became the stocking window supplier for our local Home Depots. They have decided to service the big boxes instead of the independent window dealers and homeowners.

When you do make your purchase, choose your dealer wisely. A dealer that can service your products can be more important than the manufacturer. Your dealer can "hide" many issues the manufacturer may have (poor warranty turnaround times) by doing it themselves. That is the dealer you want to choose, regardles of the brand. Find that level of service and that dealer will steer you in the right direction. Good luck with your purchase.

earwax

#3 Post by earwax »

I would take the opposite on the same issues. I have had better experience with the Jeld-Wen. I did not know they cut off any dealers. In the bay area they have expanded. I would deffinantly agree that a dealer will have a larger impact on the quality of the product than you might think. They will get teh window in and look it over for obvious problems and quickly fix easily repairable items. IF....they are a good dealer. You will never know if they manufacturer has minor issues.