Schuco window questions

Ask replacement window questions & get answers!
dcdiy

Schuco window questions

#1 Post by dcdiy »

We have seen Schuco, Simonton, Champion and Vytek windows and by far the fit and finish of the Corona 4000 is the best. Of those four, one Schuco dealer was the second cheapest with Champion being even the cheapest by $3600. A few questions for the experts before buying:

1. Will the energy savings be that significant between a .30 and a .20 U-factor in a climate like D.C.?

2. Is the Schuco price of $701 per window for 13 double hung (30"x52") and $425 per window for 5 hoppers (33"x21") a reasonable price for installation in a 50 y.o cape cod with wood windows?

3. The rep said that if he went out of business that Schuco would still cover any problems with the window or installation. Is this true?

4. We have an atrium area with a 6'x7' glass ceiling with approx. 20 degree slope. The rep didn't know if Schuco had a product that could address this area. Does anyone have any ideas. Some contractors have suggested a tempered picture window but Champion said not to do this because we would eventually have problems with the glazing and leaks. They suggested skylights. Does Schuco have a good skylight product?

Thanks for the help. I would not have known about Schuco if I had not looked at this site.

FenEx

#2 Post by FenEx »

dcdiy

I might be able to help you with some information on Schuco but I need a bit more information on the installations. Email me at FenEx@optonline.net if you like.

jack.archer

#3 Post by jack.archer »

Have you had your windows installed? Did $700/windows turn out to be a good price? What dealer are you doing business with? I have a sales appointment tomorrow and would really value your input. -Jack in Falls Church, VA

Windowman PA

Schuco Windows

#4 Post by Windowman PA »

If you are getting Corona 4000 series fully loaded for $700.00 per opening you are getting a "GOOD' :D :D Price.

dcdiy

#5 Post by dcdiy »

Jack - I am going with NuView to install my Schuco windows. They came down in price and seemed to want the business more than the other Schuco dealer in the DC area. There is definitely some negotiating room in the initial "best price" that any dealer gives you on the initial visit.

WindowmanPA - thanks for the info. As you can tell from the above message I got an even better price.