Pro's, how's business?

Ask replacement window questions & get answers!
grtfmsu

Pro's, how's business?

#1 Post by grtfmsu »

The weakness in the new construction market is pretty well documented. Remodelling is generally a harder market to read, but there have been some signs that this market is softening a bit as well. I'm curious as to if this is having an impact on the replacement business.

windowmann2000

#2 Post by windowmann2000 »

I've been waiting to see if anyone was goint to comment on business. Through the middle of April we were down about 25% from projections but May has been great. Industry projections and Marvins lay off will tell you it's not like the glory days but solid if you work your job-sites. I attribute a late spring and of course splitting up the pie with so many other dealers is the reason were lagging a little.
I must say that in my 27yrs in this business I have never seen and heard as many window related advertisements as I have this spring.

FenEx

#3 Post by FenEx »

Business is actually great, and growing. No matter the weather or the market, people wil always seek companies that can provide solutions... because that's what they want. It's not products.

Window4U (IL)
Location: Sales and Installation in Chicagoland and Central Illinois

#4 Post by Window4U (IL) »

I'm booming. No slowdown here, only growth.

Guy

#5 Post by Guy »

I'm swamped, can't complain though. The feast or famine rule applies to this industry like nothing else. Our Winter was the slowest I've seen in 15 years here. Some one flipped a switch and now we're backed up and looking for more installers. Going from 10 - 20 hours a week working to 50 - 65 hours makes you wonder, I'm feeling older every day!!!

Hope things break loose soon!

windowmannjny

#6 Post by windowmannjny »

things are great here in Jersey. had a 1 week lull in february but since then things have been extraordinary. even though the phones keep ringing we are doing a great job keeping all our appointments i must add installs going smoothly, i think the 1 hour time change coming earlier this year was helpful. maybe its just that i am good and my reputation is catching up to me as well