Changed from selling elements to anderson renewal

Ask replacement window questions & get answers!
RICK

Changed from selling elements to anderson renewal

#1 Post by RICK »

Need opinions from window pros how big a change do you think this is. Do you feel one is better to sell then the other. Would like window pros ffed back.

Window4U (IL)
Location: Sales and Installation in Chicagoland and Central Illinois

#2 Post by Window4U (IL) »

Well, let's see... My opinion is that you get to go from selling the most airtight and most energy efficient window made anywhere ...to selling one that only has 1/2 the energy efficiency, and no where near the air infiltration rating.

Plus, you get to be trained to bash vinyl and spout a bunch of propaganda about how horrible vinyl is so you can convince people to buy an overpriced moderately performing window.
Just my opinion of course. Have fun. They couldn't pay me enough...

RICK

#3 Post by RICK »

I agree but it did not go well for me to sell 100ui window no matter how air tight at 1400.00. I guess I will find out just how much Anderson name in the market place helps me to sell there top of the line. I think this is going to get intersesting for me. :lol:

Window4U (IL)
Location: Sales and Installation in Chicagoland and Central Illinois

#4 Post by Window4U (IL) »

$1400? OMG. All wonder you're getting another job.
Good luck in your new job.

FenEx

#5 Post by FenEx »

"I guess I will find out just how much Anderson name in the market place helps me to sell there top of the line."

The Renewal by Andersen is not even Andersen's top-of-the-line. Their higher-end (although mid-grade) is the 400 series with the 200 series being the bottom end contractor window. The RBA is somewhere between the two in quality.

RICK

#6 Post by RICK »

Ha FenEx what do you think the RBA should retail for.

Windows on Washington

#7 Post by Windows on Washington »

I can't imagine the complete logic shift to be able to sell that window compared to the Elements but that is just me.

RICK

#8 Post by RICK »

Ha window guys i know it sounds crazy to make this switch but just was not working selling i know a great window in the elements window at the price of it even with a discount is a lot of money and some of our salesmen could pull it off but not me.

I know most customers think we exterior remoldling guys make a lot of money but what they do not consider is that we have a lot of exspenses to do our jobs 100% commision we do not sell we do not eat or pay our bills and a lot of running around for nothing. I spent 3 months trying to get started and sold maybe 80,000.00 but i made hardly any money at the company i worked for.

So hense the change To try another company and a different product, we all know that Elements is one of the top windows in vinyl but my company did no advertisment and the people just did not trust the high price for a product they never heard of.

windowmann2000

#9 Post by windowmann2000 »

The Elements window should be sold in white for six to seven hundred dollars for a regular install. That would allow for a decent company profit and seven or eight percent sales commission. If those numbers didn't work for your previous employer, they either have a pretty big nut to crack or aren't sharing well.
A move to the Renewal means your going to have to give up your integrity as having represented a decent window company your now going to have to over state your product and you know better. Renewal's overall numbers are that of a mid-quality window.and when decked out with the interior wood option and cladding your right back at a thousand bucks, without the better vinyl warranty, without the lower u-values and a long way off on the air infiltration test and it's tough to sell a product your not convinced is a value for the customer.

RICK

#10 Post by RICK »

Colud not do it, went there today and saw the window talked to the owner and the GM. Wow i thought we with elements were crazy , my area of the country sucks . They sell RBA base price no add on for start price no extra 100ui 1400-1600.00 a window, that is a horrible price mu son in the bought a anderson 400 series insatll new constrution same as RBA in spec 700.00 per opening 100ui from contractor. AGAIN ALL I CAN SAY TOP 4 CO IN MY AREA ARE AT 100UI 1400.00 TT 1800.00 FOR AS YOU GUYS SAY THE TOP OF THE LINE WINDOWS, ITRULY DO NOT UNDRESTAND MY AREA

windowmann2000

#11 Post by windowmann2000 »

What part of the country is that? Sounds like you could open up a Window World franchise and change the price to any size white double hung for $989.00 and you'd do well.

RICK

#12 Post by RICK »

Probably could i am in pa ana ww does do that here i have heard