Clueless - can't seem to find the window manufacturer

Ask replacement window questions & get answers!

Clueless - can't seem to find the window manufacturer

#1 Post by 072970 »

I just moved into a house that had new windows installed in the last 5 or 6 years. However, I can't seem to locate the window manufacturer's name as I need to get several of the cranks replaced or serviced. They are very nice looking casement type windows.

The cranks are stamped "Truth" and there is some hardware stamped Roto on it on the inside mechanisms of the window, but now sticker for who the window manufactuer is.

Any suggestions for how I can find this name and how to get them serviced as simply and economically as possible.

Thanks!

Window4U (IL)
Location: Sales and Installation in Chicagoland and Central Illinois

#2 Post by Window4U (IL) »

If you are a do-it-yourselfer at all, you can get the parts here and replace them. It is not hard.

http://www.strybuc.com

FenEx

#3 Post by FenEx »

Truth makes the hardware for many manufacturers... and their warranty is only to the window manufacturers. "Most" windows are only warranted to the original owner. Therefore, most window manufacturers intentionally keep their names off the product.

You can purchase Truth hardware from any of their distributors found on the internet. They might be able to provide you with a company that can provide service/installation for a fee.

Windows on Washington

Re: Reply

#4 Post by Windows on Washington »

FenEx wrote:Truth makes the hardware for many manufacturers... and their warranty is only to the window manufacturers. "Most" windows are only warranted to the original owner. Therefore, most window manufacturers intentionally keep their names off the product.

You can purchase Truth hardware from any of their distributors found on the internet. They might be able to provide you with a company that can provide service/installation for a fee.
+1