New Picture window wall

Ask replacement window questions & get answers!
larrylwill

New Picture window wall

#1 Post by larrylwill »

I have a 60's house that had an addition added approx 10-20 years ago by someone who used aluminum frame windows. The wall is made up of 3 = 4o x 5o window's and a single hung on each end approx 18ft total. The windows are Not LowE. There is a porch in front of the windows approx 14' deep. So the windows are not in the rain and sun. Wind is my main concern as Im on a bluff.
I have decided to replace them with 3 6o x 5o picture windows. I will build new frames and casements. To get the most glass I can. So I will use replacement windows.

The easiest for me is to just buy Silverlines which can be had almost anywhere and is convenient for me. I know Silverline is not a great window but they wont have to move.
Their replacement picture windows in that size are rated DP50 and the LowE2 argon are .30 for a 5/8" and .29 for a 7/8" both have the same Intercept® Warm Edge. What is the advantage of the 7/8" over the 5/8" besides 0.01 gain in U factor? Is that worth more money? I cant see any difference in the 4 models 1300, 2050, 4100, 7507 except the overall thickness slightly better U factor and edge treatment.

Comments? Suggestions Please.