Simonton 5500 to "Prism" Plat. comparative

Ask replacement window questions & get answers!
proteus

Simonton 5500 to "Prism" Plat. comparative

#1 Post by proteus »

:? Trying to compare Simonton "5500" ABC Supply to Simonton "Prism" Replacements from Norandex in Tan.
I believe I need the 366 glass package for Energy credit .30 R value or better ?
And are the spacers widths different ? IE 3/4 to 7/8 1" are they necessary for my climate?
Are there differences in the standard hardware configs? just painted to plated latches and the pricing differences ?
What about the different glass options need my energy rebate and not needing lami glass. maybe obscure down in the baths.
Are the windows using the same frame extrusions just labeled different ? Profiles?
2 night latches standard ?
1/2 screens standard full screens optional /i believe
How much does the plated latches bump up the pricing /polished brass or brushed nickel.
Foam filled frames necessary for higher r Value?or is this a polar wall item? like the serious windows?
Is the extrusion profile flat or raised on the outside?
Window frame depth or thickness 5500 to prism platinum verses 50/ 50 simonton window ?
Are dual color options avalable on the inside with a tan out side? white inside or woodgrain? pricing ?
Are there krypton gas fills available and do i need them ? This is for Austin texas climate . "Hot " how much more in price?
What are the price breaks or are they the same pricing schedules at the wholesale level? for either product line ?
How do i determine the mulled angles on a 3 light bay window measurement?depth /mull bevel /angle square ?
20/40 outsides 40/40t center thinking about a solid center with possible 2 casements outside approx.
Are simonton sliders doors gas filled and .30 compliant and with what options ?foot latch standard ? what glass option qualifies ? no grids full view double hung windows
Are repair parts available if nescessary ?
Are warrantys the same or different for the brands from simonton on these models ?

40t/30w and some mulled together sizing pricing approx?

Really dont wanna know more about windows but trying to steering clear of the box lumber yard stuff just about to hit the "TMI" on this purchase review /install before i throw down the cash .

just trying to get all my questions answered.

Thanks
proteus :D :shock: