Okna 800 series

Share your experiences with others
Skenny

Re: Okna 800 series

#16 Post by Skenny »

Just saw the DH Okna 800 in a showroom. It is a beautiful looking window; the nicest one I've found in all the windows I've looked at. The cherry laminate interior was the best woodgrain laminate I've seen so far in my window search. The window has a nice slim profile, not chunky like some other vinyl windows. The numbers are good also or I wouldn't be looking at this window.
Here's a few questions I have.
1. Does the exterior paint that is used chip or peel off in time? If so, can they be touched up or will I then have bronze and white speckled windows. I noticed that the warranty for the paint is only ten years.
2. Does the Window Wizards/Okna insulation problem give anyone reason to think I shouldn't order from this company? Is it wise to order from them at this time? (This is one of the reasons I've haven't ordered these windows yet.) Can anyone give insight into the Okna company that will help me decide?
3. I noticed that the Okna 800 with woodgrain laminate on the interior does not come with the night/vent latches. Is this a problem?

Skenny

#17 Post by Skenny »

Can anyone tell me if Okna has good customer service?

Windows on Washington

#18 Post by Windows on Washington »

We have not had any issues with them. Good company.