BetterBilt Windows? (MI Windows and Doors)

Ask replacement window questions & get answers!
Shopper

BetterBilt Windows? (MI Windows and Doors)

#1 Post by Shopper »

I've gotten bids from 4 different window companies (Anlin, Certainteed, Milgard, Cascade), was getting to a final decision on who to select - Anlin as manufacturer, but then came across a local installer who gave me a good price on BetterBilt white vinyl Homemaker Series. The parent company of BetterBilt is MI Windows & Doors. In my research including searches of this site, I have not seen anything on this company. The only reason why I am considering them is that I really like the installation company, seems to have a very good quality installation method, full replacement (not retrofit) but able to reuse the existing framing around the windows. Does anyone know anything about this company (BetterBilt/MI Windows & Doors) and its products, if they are any good or not?

earwax

#2 Post by earwax »

MI is a large company in the area. The make a retrofit product that is called Xact as well. They are low end middle of the road. It is a mass production windows like a Jeld-Wen or a Pella thermastar. If you are using that product, it is the same a getting the Home Depot or Lowe's window off they self. If you like that windows, you will be blown away by an Anlin and happy with a Milgard. Those two are much better windows. I am sure your installer can get aat least the Milgard, they sell to everyone and their uncle, AND cousin.

AR50

#3 Post by AR50 »

[quote]The only reason why I am considering them is that I really like the installation company, seems to have a very good quality installation method, full replacement (not retrofit) but able to reuse the existing framing around the windows. [/quote]

Now that was one hellava salesman :lol: