Seaway Vinyl Replacement Windows

Share your experiences with others
NoVA

Seaway Vinyl Replacement Windows

#1 Post by NoVA »

I live in the Virginia suburbs of Washington, DC.

I'm looking to replace the original windows in my 55 year old home. A local company (with a good reputation) has recommended vinyl replacement (casement and double hung) manufactured by SEAWAY.

Reviews seem to be hard to come by. Anyone know anything about Seaway replacement windows for use in the Mid-Atlantic area? How do they compare to other companies? Would you install them in your home? Any negatives I should be aware of?

Thanks!

hakman

Re: Seaway Vinyl Replacement Windows

#2 Post by hakman »

I have exactly the same situation you describe (northern va, 60 year old house, quote on seaway encore). My quote was for 17 dh and 4 casement for a total of $10,350, including installation. Are you considering any other brands? I also got a quote for Elements by Soft-lite for about $3,000 more, but these appear to be better windows.

Randy

Re: Seaway Vinyl Replacement Windows

#3 Post by Randy »

There's a pro here (Windows on Washington) that covers your area. He's a great guy, who will provide you with honest information, fair pricing, and a variety of options to choose from. If you'll find one of his posts, there will be a "contact" button that will put you in touch with him.