Should I cancel this contract?? Advice needed!

Ask replacement window questions & get answers!
TND

Should I cancel this contract?? Advice needed!

#1 Post by TND »

This is new to me...but I was trying to find comfort that I made the right decision. A salesman came over the evening before last and presented a deal I thought sounded good because I had priced Pella windows w/installation at Lowes.....and these windows seemed better quality for less money. They are double-pane, vinyl, Low-E2, Duraseal spacer, argon gas.

1 3LS - 102 x 43
8 Single sliders 52x31
68x43
65x66
57x52
52x43
52x43
37x23
73x62
1 Single hung 20x45
1 Bay 99x65

These are mostly all big windows - and I am concerting my regular living room windows to a bay window which added a little more. With the "discount" everything (eleven windows) came to $10,280.00

Does this seem reasonable to any of you? I have one day to cancel

Thanks for any help! Theresa

TND

#2 Post by TND »

Is there a reason no one wants to help me out here? I have until tomorrow to get out of this contract. Thanks!

Window4U (IL)
Location: Sales and Installation in Chicagoland and Central Illinois

#3 Post by Window4U (IL) »

I'd like to help but I am a little confused on the number of windows. Your list has 17 windows and a bay, but you state 11 windows was on the quote.
Also, what is the brand and series of the vinyl window you were quoted. Thanks.

TND

#4 Post by TND »

I am so sorry I wrote such a confusing message!
There are eight single sliders- then I followed up with the sizes of the eight . So if you count all of the dimensions - there are eleven. The company, American Exteriors makes its own brand of windows and they are the Statesman series.

FenEx

Responses

#5 Post by FenEx »

For starters... my screen shows 3 hours between your posts. We have jobs... atleast most of us, which is a pretty good reason for not responding immediately as we are not paid for this. Secondly, you have not given nearly enough information about what products you are looking at, let alone the installation. In short... if you are already in doubt... cancel it until you are more comfortable and better prepared to make that investment.

TND

#6 Post by TND »

I apologize, Fenex. You're right - I am not at work today and got impatient. I thought I had made a good decision until I started reading messages on this site. Thanks for the reply.

FenEx

#7 Post by FenEx »

TND

I can assure you.. if they offered it today.. they will again a week from now. Share more info... we will try to help. In the interim... you might want to consider rescinding so you may feel more confident and comfortable... that's alot of money.

TND

#8 Post by TND »

Thank you. I just might do that. I found the NFRC site, and through a little detective work on the contract, found that American Exteriors, Inc uses Ponderosa Windows and Doors, Inc. as their manufacturer. I looked at the 0400 series (the one I ordered) but they had so many types in that series - and I didn't know what SHGC and VT stood for. Since it is not on the contract what the exact CPD number is - can they give me any window listed under the 0400 Series?

E-Z

#9 Post by E-Z »

HEY TND,

Take it easy...... the 3 day cancellation period is for 3 business days which means that if you signed up Friday you have at least till Tuesday evening or Wednesday Morning to cancel. Also Fenex is right, take it easy rule # 1 if the salesman says sign up today because today is the last day this deal is good for........... Bull @#$#. Take your time, do it right. You are here for a reason in the back of your mind you knew something was fishy. Hang in there we will get you trough it.

E-z
E-z
E-z Windows