Patio Door Replacement

Ask replacement window questions & get answers!
zsargent

Patio Door Replacement

#1 Post by zsargent »

Hello and thanks for having a question center regarding windows.

I would like to know the difference between, Milgaurd vs Certainteed. Where I live Certainteed is less expensive to purchase than Milgaurd but thought that all windows have to meet certain specs these days.

I spoke with a friend and he stated Milgaurd are far superiour than Certainteed. So, I'm a little confused on which product to purchase. They both have lifetime warrenty's and that's what I base my decision on, but what do I know about windows.

Thanks in advance,
Zane

earwax

#2 Post by earwax »

I do not think I could say with confidence that the Milgard is far superior to the Certainteed windows. They both offer similar windows with Similar ratings. As for your patio door, I am biased toward the Milgard door. They have the French rail option and a the multipoint lock which is nice. When installed the two, I have found the Milgard to be a bit mour sturdy and easy to install. I just don't know if the price difference is small enough for you to make a call on the installation difference. Check the options being offered to you and see which one you like better. Either one will make you happy I am sure.

zsargent

#3 Post by zsargent »

Thanks for the advise. On a standard patio door, I have researched and the only difference I found is that CertainTeed windows have a claw like locking machinism. Other than that, CertainTeed stated the seal is on the inside instead of the outside (I'm not sure why that would make a difference or not) But if you know, please let me know.

E-Z

#4 Post by E-Z »

I agree with Earwax. If you can get a Certainteed at a better price go for it.

E-z
E-z
E-z Windows