Need some advice in NJ

Share your experiences with others
BubbasMom

Need some advice in NJ

#1 Post by BubbasMom »

I need some advice on picking a replacement window brand/models that qualify for the energy star rebates, is high quality and cost effective. I live in New Jersey and hope you could recomend a few dealers who offer full service or offer to just
sell the windows without install. Thanks

Delaware Mike

Re: Need some advice in NJ

#2 Post by Delaware Mike »

Lots of supply houses in Jersey. Are you north, central, or south.

Skydawggy.

#3 Post by Skydawggy. »

The real question is "am I going to have to sit through a lot of sales pitches"? There are companies that carry multi-brands but most will only carry 1-3. The more volume a company does with a manufacturer, the less they pay for windows and are able to offer better pricing. In your case, I would take a more pro-active approach and do your own research. Once you have found a few windows you are interested in, contact dealers of those windows and have them out to give you an estimate. That way you don't waste your time or the dealers time and you will have a better idea of what you want before anybody comes to your house. That's what sites like this are good for.

canuck

#4 Post by canuck »

P.A. Manufactures both Okna and Gorell, two very high quality window companies. A lot of dealers choose to offer only one or two brands because they like the high quality as the customer service. With windows you get what you pay for.. Of course you can also call billy joe bob the local contractor who will install junk for a good price.

BubbasMom

#5 Post by BubbasMom »

Delaware Mike wrote:Lots of supply houses in Jersey. Are you north, central, or south.
I'm in north Jersey

BubbasMom

#6 Post by BubbasMom »

No I'm not in a hi rise in Ft Lee. I know having the rght installer is a big plus. I just don't want
to be raked over the coals. My pricng ranged from 12-19 thousand. Thats a big difference and
I like everyone else would like the best value and the best product.
All the windows companies I've gotten quotes us their own installers.
OK why not Okna in my area?

Thanks

masterext
Location: Window Pro-Serves All of Northern New Jersey. Bergen, Morris, Union, Essex, Passaic, Sussex Counties

#7 Post by masterext »

Okna will have the better performance numbers. the 800 okna is nicer than a gorell or sunrise in my opinion. i am not a big fan of the sill sunrise uses. that said,all three are solid products.

BubbasMom

#8 Post by BubbasMom »

I looked at the Okna Starmark and the Okna 800 with the lite oak trim, both with the deluxe glass package. The Starmark is about $2500 more than the 800's are they worth the up charge?
Does anyone have any knowledge of how the trim hold's up on the 800's? Thank you for any info
you could give. I really need to get this done and I'm torn between these two windows.