Vista vs Sunrise

Share your experiences with others
hardhat

Vista vs Sunrise

#1 Post by hardhat »

In upstate NY, contemplating Vista or Sunrise vinyl replacement windows. Can find no reviews of Vista. Any comments?

Delaware Mike

Re: Vista vs Sunrise

#2 Post by Delaware Mike »

The Panorama series double-hungs by Vista are a decent mid-grade vinyl product. Most experienced dealers and installers would still consider them to be a "price" or "drop" window. Meaning, a great window for those on a real tight budget or have a rental property. I've installed a ton them from 2006 to 2008 with very little problems. They have a fast turn around in terms of manufacturing. The ownership, management, and customer/dealer support seems to be top notch. I've had a few sloppy welds from time to time, but that's a real easy fix with a new blade in the utility knife.

When you compare them to a higher end vinyl product like Sunrise, you are going to see why the Sunrise products cost more. The screens are a lot better, the sill is better, more glass, more beads and coves to the vinyl extrusions. Foam filled extrusions on the Sunrise is standard depending on the series, it's an option with Vista. I could go on and on with the differences. It really comes down to what you are willing to spend and how much the different dealers are quoting you for each.

I do like the Vista 2-lite sliders, they seem to work really nice. I would rate the Vista Panorama series somewhere between the Simonton 5050 and the 5500 series.

bevocbs

Re: Vista vs Sunrise

#3 Post by bevocbs »

What is the difference between the Vista Panorama and the Simonton 5500. I've looked at both and can't tell the difference. They seem to be manufactured at the same place. Seems like the same glass package, u-factor, and SHGC. What makes the Vista inferior? How much better is the 5500 or the Gorell 5100/5300?