Replacement Windows for Rehabbed property

Ask replacement window questions & get answers!
Mack

Replacement Windows for Rehabbed property

#1 Post by Mack »

I just bought a property (50 year old ranch / bungalow) in the Chicago area and plan to rehab and sell. I am very interested in a low priced vinyl replacement window; however, I don't want to subject the future owner to unnecesarry problems with bad quality windows. Are there any low cost vinyl windows on the market that can be recommended? I realize high quality for a low price is not likely to be found, but if I could find o.k. quality for a low price, I would be happy. Thanks.

earwax

#2 Post by earwax »

I don't always like to say it, but a home center window might be best for this. IF you are worried about the next home owner, make the warranty is transferable. Look at a Jeld-Wen, Silverline or Pella type windows. They are for sure the cheapest, and not always bad quality. They will all have intercept spacer and decent vinly with U-values in the low to mid 30's.

I would not spend a lot of money on really nice high end windows either if I was going to sell the house, but like you said, don't want a phone call about windows in the future. So, make sure the warranty is transferable and let the new home owner know.

Window4U (IL)
Location: Sales and Installation in Chicagoland and Central Illinois

#3 Post by Window4U (IL) »

Mack,
There are many brands available that have mid-grade window series available for your need. Though I sell Schuco, which is higher end, I also do a lot of homes and especially apartment buildings in Chicagoland in the lower price range, and I do it with some very good windows that are still economical. No matter who you hire, you do not have to settle for something like a cheap Silverline or something like that to get the pricing you are looking for. Stick with quality, and you can still do OK on price.