one last question on Shuco vs Alside

Ask replacement window questions & get answers!
omaha

one last question on Shuco vs Alside

#1 Post by omaha »

Again, thanks for replies on previous posts.

Narrowed my selection to Schuco vs Revere. Bill told me that Revere is actually the same as the Alside Sheffield. I did a search of previous posts, and found that the Sheffield got some decent PR (although it was usually mentioned as a very good 2nd choice).

Anyway, I talked with a "window-engineer" at Alside. He said that yes, the Revere is made by a company that Alside owns, and that it is the same as the Sheffield. He said the Sheffield comes with either an Intercept or a Super-Spacer spacer, but he said both have a U-factor of .23 (triple-pane, double low-e). (based on "spacer" talk here, would have thought that the Super-Spacer would have had a little edge?! The Revere web-site only mentions the Intercept, and the sales guy showed me that it is the "u-groove" stainless steal.

To the point, is the Sheffield, with Intecept, as good as the Shuco? With Super-Spacer? Price-wise, should I expect the Revere to run the same as the Schucco.

Signing off now, 'cuz I'm going to buy some. But it's been fun reading and learning a ton here on this site.

FenEx

#2 Post by FenEx »

omaha

The Sheffield/Revere with any spacer is not the same as a Schuco. U-factors come close but that's about it. Fit, finish, overall appearance, quality and detailing separate the two. As for pricing, it depends on the dealers of each. Have you seen the Schuco or received a quote yet?

omaha

RenEx, I'm replying

#3 Post by omaha »

Yes, I did get a Schuco quote:

All Casements - woodgrain interior, triple-glaze, double low-e

6 double casements
6 singles
1 triple

21 windows total; 2 of the doubles are pretty big and push the 120 "united?" inches limit. Dealer said $10K uninstalled, $13750 installed.

Omaha NE

FenEx

Responses

#4 Post by FenEx »

The install price is about right given the limited installation info. I am suprised to see a "cash and carry price" as Schuco products are supposed to be sold through Schuco trained dealer/installers. Who is your dealer? Nevermind, I'll figure it out. I'd recommend having them installed... then you have it all covered and have no chance of possible warranty conflicts. Good Luck to you.

FenEx