Help!!!! Reliabilt or Berkshaire?

Ask replacement window questions & get answers!
jceaser

Help!!!! Reliabilt or Berkshaire?

#1 Post by jceaser »

I am new to this board and I really need help with selecting a replacement window. The windows are for a 25 year old home. I am on a strick budget of $3,800. I have a quote from Loews (Reliabilt) and a quote from a contractor (Berkshaire). Looking through some of the posts, it appears the Berkshaire is not a highly respected product, but also based on the posts, the Reliabilt (3201 series) doesn't look like a great product either. So which should I select? The two biggest features I am looking for are energy efficiency and safety. Please help.

Skydawggy.

Re: Help!!!! Reliabilt or Berkshaire?

#2 Post by Skydawggy. »

How many windows are you trying to buy for your $3800?

masterext
Location: Window Pro-Serves All of Northern New Jersey. Bergen, Morris, Union, Essex, Passaic, Sussex Counties

#3 Post by masterext »

why are you even looking at reliabilt or berkshire and asking our opinions when you already know they are not recommended. ? poorly designed windows.

jceaser

#4 Post by jceaser »

I am asking the opinion of the experts on this board because what I read about Reliabilt and Berkshaire on the board wasn't consistent. Also as I stated, I'm on a tight bugdet and these two look like my only options for my budget so I am just trying to determine if one might be better than the other. Any helpful feedback will be greatly appreciated.

Skydawggy.

#5 Post by Skydawggy. »

My advice would be to invest in a good window even if you have to just do a few at a time. Cheap is cheap and you will get exactly what you pay for purchasing windows. generally harware store windows are made with cheap flimsy vinyl that will deteriorate much faster than higher quality extrusions.

toddinmn

#6 Post by toddinmn »

The 3201 is a decent window,depending on what you're paying for it. I have not heard of the Berkshaire window. I would keep looking for some other contractors/windows.

HomeSealed

#7 Post by HomeSealed »

The Berkshire is a relabeled Excalibur with a pocket sill. You've likely found pretty consistent opinions on that product... I'm not very familiar with the Reliabilt product, but I'd agree with Eco that generally hardware/box store products should be avoided. Your budget may or may not be realistic depending on how many windows you need and the options, however, I'd say it would be highly likely that you can find something better for the same $$$.

jceaser

#8 Post by jceaser »

Thank you all.