Vinyl Replacement Windows

Share your experiences with others
TMZ3

Vinyl Replacement Windows

#1 Post by TMZ3 »

I live in Montgomery County, Maryland and need 4 replacement windows (double hung) and a storm door. I have had quotes from Pella, Renewal by Anderson, Windows World, Window Nation & Premier Windows. Pella was $4916 & RBA was $6479. Window World didn't impress me. Window Nation's 30 day price is $3,950 for 30 days and a sale price in October of $3100. The window is made by Vytex. Premier windows gave me a price of 3450 or 2760 if I made my decision is a week. Premier's price does not include a storm door. Premier windows are made by a company called Thermal Industries,Inc.

I know nothing about windows. I just know that my heater ran constantly last winter and I need to change that. I currently have a builders grade aluminum windows that leak.

Any help on the best energy efficient windows would be of great help.

Thanks,

Windows on Washington

Re: Vinyl Replacement Windows

#2 Post by Windows on Washington »

First and foremost, I would take a more critical look at the home.

Replacing 4 windows and a storm door is not going to make that much of a dent in the over all performance of the home unless the windows don't close and remain open (i.e. letting all the warmth out).

Pella, depending on window, is not a great product (especially their vinyl ThermaStar).

RBA is a very average windows and way, way, way overpriced when you consider the performance.

What Vytex window was quoted? 20% drop in price to sign is ridiculous in my opinion. Are they somehow going to claim that the price will go up by 20% in a month? Come on.

What window in the Thermal Industries line is Premier quoting? Same 20% drop is also a bit ridiculous.

TMZ3

#3 Post by TMZ3 »

The P-5 window (DH500).

Windows on Washington

#4 Post by Windows on Washington »

Still not a fan by any stretch of the window, price, or sales approach.

TMZ3

#5 Post by TMZ3 »

I only have 4 windows in my condo. I'm looking for a good energy efficient window that won't cost me an arm & a leg. Today Thompson Creek is coming to my house for a consult. I'd like to have the work done before the end of the year.

Randy

#6 Post by Randy »

Windows on Washington covers your area, I believe. There's a "get a quote" button under his screen name that will get you to him. I'd highly recommend him to you.

HomeSealed

#7 Post by HomeSealed »

+1 to randy's comment. Unfortunately, the company that you have coming has a reputation for using the same type of tactics that you've already seen. If WoW services your area, you would be very well served to speak with him.

HomeSealed

#8 Post by HomeSealed »

masterext wrote:Gee, what a nice guy. Joining this board 4 years after your windows were installed to pump interstate or whatever they are called. I'll stick to the higher end brands.
I'd have to agree. I am not familiar at all with the Interstate window, but the fact that they would so obviously attempt to falsely pose as a consumer makes me wonder what other dishonest tricks would be up their sleeves.