Anyone heard of Mercer windows - made in Tigard Oregon?

Ask replacement window questions & get answers!
schnur07

Anyone heard of Mercer windows - made in Tigard Oregon?

#1 Post by schnur07 »

We just went to the factory where they make Mercer windows and where they sell them direct to the public. They reminded me a little bit of EPI windows. Anyone have a feel for their quality compared to these other windows I've recieved bids on?

LBL
EPI
Milgard
Jeldwen
Weathervane

I'm leaning toward the LBL at the moment They're more than EPA or Jeldwen but seem like they're worth the extra cost (not a lot more).

THanks for any help.

Steve

Venomboy

#2 Post by Venomboy »

I had Mercer windows at my last house. Nice windows. The installer was a dumbass and now out of business but I did like the windows.

earwax

#3 Post by earwax »

Out of all the windows you looked at, I have experience with all except weathervane and LBL. I have recently looked at the LBL window and it seems nice. GOod construction and a good company. Mercer is a small privately owned window manufacturer. I have not had any bad experiences with them, but in Oregon, I would take a Jeld-Wen Premium line, then the Milgard or LBL. The Jeld-Wen lower end window is a homecenter window. Look at the Premiim line and make sure your dealer sells it first. If he does not, go with the LBL or the Milgard.