Repuclic Windows- Any Info Availabe?

Ask replacement window questions & get answers!
kkelly

Repuclic Windows- Any Info Availabe?

#1 Post by kkelly »

Does anyone have any Experience with Republic Windows, made in Chicago?

I just got 3 bids for windows (a Picture and 2 Casements in Front, a Patio Door in back.) The Republic dealer's bid was 20% higher than Renewal by Andersen, and 40% higher than the Alside dealer, even after big discount.

Republic says they use a "Patented Heat-Mirror", which is supposed to keep heat out in the summer, and in, in the winter. I just have trouble believing it's worth 40% more than Alside Excaliburs.

I have a very simple house, in a working-class neighborhood, and don't need the best windows money can buy. I just need to replace some old, leaky windows with something that will insulate fairly well, and last for a while.

Window4U (IL)
Location: Sales and Installation in Chicagoland and Central Illinois

#2 Post by Window4U (IL) »

Yeah, I have experience with Republic. I went to them to possibly buy some cheaply priced windows because I was bidding a multiple apartment complex window job. They repaid my interest in their product by trying to steal the installation away from me by sending a guy out from their installation division to meet my corporate client. They offered to cut me out right in front of me! Real snakes they are.
If anyone chooses to use them, my professional opinion with my own personal feelings aside are that they are a mid-grade window, but even with their best glass none of their double-hung windows are worth more than $450-$500 installed. There are better windows out there for the price.