OKNA/Starmark not in top windows?

Share your experiences with others
ftr422006

OKNA/Starmark not in top windows?

#1 Post by ftr422006 »

I see Okna and Starmark rated very highly by many experts but these companies are not listed in the top 100 companies on this site. I also cannot find them listed in the company directory on this site.

I purchased Starmark 900's for my second level a few years ago and am now considering to replace the 1st level windows. I have been very happy with these windows over the last three years but since I connot find them here I am getting a little concerned.

Why are they not listed on this site? Is there another company name that they fall under? Are there problems?

masterext
Location: Window Pro-Serves All of Northern New Jersey. Bergen, Morris, Union, Essex, Passaic, Sussex Counties

Re: OKNA/Starmark not in top windows?

#2 Post by masterext »

thats not unusual at all. whenever there are product ratings, the " true best" are rarely mentioned. that is why you need to talk to professionals who actually have experience with those products.

HomeSealed

#3 Post by HomeSealed »

There are no problems. Any type of "ranking " system will naturally favor product(s) that are more common, ie: high volume. Case in point: alside is ranked highly with some "consumer" publications, as is Pella. A quick search of this DB forum will yield far more accurate information... I'd also reiterate that performance ratings don't lie. Thermal and structural ratings tell much of the story as to the quality of a given product. :D

Window4U (IL)
Location: Sales and Installation in Chicagoland and Central Illinois

#4 Post by Window4U (IL) »

The list was put together by a writer for Window & Door magazine. That was a 2005 list of manufactures that they had current dollar volume information for. They might not have had the $ information needed that year to list them.
Here's the same, but current 2011 list with them on it:
http://www.windowanddoor.com/2011Top100rankings9

ftr422006

#5 Post by ftr422006 »

Good to hear. Thanks for the confirmation. I knew Starkark/Okna was a good product when I chose them last time. Just seems odd that a great product like this one isn't marketed more prominently. Honestly, had I not found this discussion board I would not have found out about this company.

Thanks again.

HomeSealed

#6 Post by HomeSealed »

Generally vinyl window manufacturers leave marketing and branding up to their dealers more than anything. In addition, Okna was very regional in the Northeast until recently, as their growth and success have lead them to move South and West across the US.