Baton Rouge, LA

Share your experiences with others
lmlaurent

Baton Rouge, LA

#1 Post by lmlaurent »

I have read lots of reviews and have even talked to a couple of companies, but I am not getting a warm, fuzzy feeling. I get a lot of phone calls and high pressure pitches. I am looking to replace about 9 windows on a 50+ year old house. The windows I currently have were top of the line for a single pane aluminum window -- 50 years ago. Many of the vinyl windows look cheap, but I don't live in a "wood window" neighborhood. Any recommendations on brands and installers in the Baton Rouge, LA, area?

Windows on Washington

Re: Baton Rouge, LA

#2 Post by Windows on Washington »

Look for the brands that are well regarded and go from there.

I don't personally know of anyone in that area off the top of my head.

Soft-Lite, Sunrise, Simonton, PGT, etc should all be available in or around that area.

Randy

#3 Post by Randy »

I don't think Soft-lite is available in Louisiana, but Sunrise and Gorell are.

lmlaurent

#4 Post by lmlaurent »

Correct - Softlite is not available in Louisiana. I'm waiting to hear from Sunrise. Unfortunately the contractor referral I received from Gorell is under a one-year supervised probation period (Louisiana Contractor Licensing Board), plus Gorell is currently in receivorship. Anyone know anything about "America's Best Choice" or NT Windows?

Randy

#5 Post by Randy »

Gorell is currently in receivorship
Gorell is now owned by Soft-lite.

NT Windows are a solid mid-grade vinyl window with some nice standard features, such as Cardinal's Low-E366, Super Spacer, and aluminum sash reinforcement. The DP and AL ratings are very average.

HomeSealed

#6 Post by HomeSealed »

Randy wrote:
Gorell is currently in receivorship
Gorell is now owned by Soft-lite.

NT Windows are a solid mid-grade vinyl window with some nice standard features, such as Cardinal's Low-E366, Super Spacer, and aluminum sash reinforcement. The DP and AL ratings are very average.
+1. Gorell is a now a product line offered by Softlite, which is a very healthy company.