Outragous pella quote...

Ask replacement window questions & get answers!
diegozol

Message to Diva!!!

#16 Post by diegozol »

I purchased the Pella "850 series" replacement windows (aka Architectural Series). Be sure you state you want the replacement windows 850 series. Pella also has the sash replacement set.

The 850 Proline Series is for new window installations. This window will not fit right into your rough window opening. It also has the thicker frame for new window installation (4-5/16" I think). It is NOT a replacement window. You can convert it into a replacement window but it requires more work (removing outdoor trimming, etc)

For all who are reading this, the Pella proline and the pella replacement window "850 series" are different. Do not get them confused.

D

robert

#17 Post by robert »

Guy wrote:Guys we aren't getting anywhere with the love, hate relationship. I think if we as Installers and Consumers point out the likes and dislikes without attacking we last longer. RC you as a customer shopped until you felt you had a good product. I think you made a good choice. I feel todays Pella product is great. I would install it all day long!! I'd even use it in my home. Many people on this board have heard me say many times I feel Pella has the best patio door on the market. I think it's great. But RC you have to understand that aluminum dents pretty easy. Facia after a storm here in MN will be removed by a good hail storm. When the wind blows it will knock the wall down. Yes it goes horizontal to the earth. Whether it is Marvin or Pella they're extrusion will get a dent in it. So will the wrap around the vinyl product. Personally I would put Marvin and Pella close to even. I think they're product is very close to the same. When it comes down to it they are all close in some aspect or another. I don't know what Lowes sells as a product. We are just getting our first one here in MN. I will be the main installer out of that store. I'm not going to shy away from the volume to build my business. So give me a month or two and I'll have a better grasp on what they have. I'll also know the model differences. Don't shy away from Pella. It's a good product. Just my opinion though!!
Guy, which Pella patio door do you recommend and why?

mnlaker

Which is better

#18 Post by mnlaker »

Comparing the Arch series to the quality that Eagle makes is no comparison. Eagle winds hands down. The clading as stated above is more than just aluminum foil. the edges where they meet are fitted not just wrapped. they also seal the joints thus keeping moisture out. Glass they are equal, blinds the same, hardware the same. warantee less exclusions.
When demonstrationg between the two people always choose Eagle. As for being partial I do Pella, Anderson & Marvins But in a apple to apple part to part the customer always chooses Eagle. As for price they are all basically the same for the best wood line.

diva

A decision is made

#19 Post by diva »

Thanks to all for your imput, as well as sharing your research and knowledge.
We have gone with the eagle windows and french doors.
We worked with the manufacter to find a distributor and had some concerns about finding an installer. It turned out that the distributor owner had previously sold Pella, and had nothing bad to say, but could say from experience that the Eagle was as good quality as the Pellas at a much better price. The price quote for the same size windows was 12,000. less than what the Pella sales guy offered. And just to note, we may have had a bad sales guy, because last month another sales person contacted us to say the our original sales guy was no longer with them. I'll do my best to give our experience and opinion on them once installed.

diegozol

#20 Post by diegozol »

Pellaman7

I replaced my windows with Pella Arch. series, which by the way look awesome. I never got a chance to check the Eagle brand so I can't say anything about them but I am satisfied with the pella windows.

My question is now that my windows are in, I would like to do something about the existing window trim outside. I did not purchase the pella aluminum trim caps (if that's what they're called) and was wondering if pella sells these caps seperately, if not where can I purchase them? Also, are they hard to install and is there a way to find out how to install?

Thanks in advance.